<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 28, 2011

Joni/365 

I have spent 2011 doing a 365 Photography Project.  The way it works is I take a picture to represent each day (give or take).  The project has gone well, given that it’s October 28th, and I’m still at it.  At the end of the year, I’ll figure out what to do with all of the pictures.

For 2012, I might do the same thing, but a “365 Sentences Project” or a “365 Observations Project” or just a written list of things that happened that day.  Yesterday, Joe and I found out that Joni is 15 weeks pregnant.  We left the house pretty late to meet her in Carroll Gardens.  Beth and Joslyn were there, as well.  Joni is going to see the Ts this weekend, to meet their baby girl, Edna, in North Carolina.  We talked about Josh and Amanda’s show and how The Taco Party was the funniest thing we’d ever seen.  Jos and I talked about “Sleep No More.”  Joni mentioned how she had the “Inking” procedure and how it was really painful for her.  (It wasn’t for me, but I realized they told me to take IBU first; they didn’t tell her to take it).

At the end of the night (not too late – maybe 10:45 or so), Joe and I reached our block, and I realized that when we had been home earlier, cozy, eating black bean burgers, watching “Revenge,” I had been totally present.  Then, when we were meeting with Joni, Jos, and Beth, I was also totally present.  I wish we had more of Joni in our lives.  She glows.  She shines.  She is one of those people.

-d

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com