<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 03, 2004

Now That Stephen is 30

Stephen is 1 1/2 months older than I am. So, every year when it hits his birthday, mine is just around the corner.

Except, this year, I forgot. I didn't remember it was June 1st until I checked his blog on June 2nd & saw that he mentioned his birthday celebration the night before.

Ever since my last birthday, I have been slowly adjusting to the fact that I am turning 30. Me! I am 30. I have started to make the mental shift of thinking of myself as "30ish" or "30-something-ish" instead of thinking of myself as being in my 20's.

When I told my mom Joe was moving in (which he did last weekend), she said, "Well, you're 30, so you can do whatever you want now."

30.

Like everyone else, I always thought that by 30 I would be mature & wise & if not wealthy then financially comfortable. I thought I would have graduated from grad school by now, travelled, published at least one piece of fiction (even a short story). I thought maybe I'd own a home or have a baby or all those other things people do by the time they're 30.

I thought I'd feel like a woman, but I still feel like a girl in so many ways. I still don't quite feel like what I thought an "adult" feels like.

But, then again, I do feel like an adult.

Anyway, I have 6 weeks and 2 days to do everything I thought I'd do before 30.

-m


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com