<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

The Worst Actor

Ooooh! I love getting comments. I've finally had my first few comments & I feel so happy. Whenever I write this, I always assume that nobody reads it. In a sense, that helps me be more candid. But, like everyone else, I like to hear what others have to say & I want people to read. Yay!

This past Saturday, I was a reader for people who were auditioning for a play I'll be working on in April/May. It was my first time ever doing that, so I was really nervous at first.

Do I stand or sit? Do I move? Will I mess the actors up by being bad? Will they judge me? I'm not the greatest actor in the world. Am I the worst actor in the world?

Joe gave me two bits of advice: Work off the other person & have FUN.

I'm so serious all the time.

But, then I got into it & it was fun. It was fun to see the different ways that people read. The first few were females & they were reading the female lead. I was reading the male lead. I felt a lot of emotion from both of them, a lot of anger. And, as advised by Joe, I let myself feel the anger & responded to that anger.

Then, this girl came in & she was very light & so I was very light.

Then, I got to read the female part for a few males. If they gave me love, I gave them love. If they were joking, I responded to that. It ended up being really fun, but I never felt at ease. Maybe I'd have to do it more in order to feel at ease.

I just finished taking a class that made me feel like I'm the worst actor in the world.

Maybe I'm not the worst actor in the world.

-m
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com