<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 24, 2003

A Good Fight

It's been way too long since I've had a good fight, a raging, screaming battle. I can't remember the last time I really let someone have it. I can't even remember the last time I yelled at someone.

Of course, the best fights can only be had with someone you really care deeply about, someone you know & love so deeply & take so for granted (like a sibling or a parent) that you can say anything to them, bring out your biggest weapon, let out your rage, your truest, deepest fury.

I'm sure everyone out there (all my readers -- ha ha) have heard that, in general, women cry more easily than men and men are angrier more easily than women. Is this true, and if so, does it mean that men should cry more to compensate & women, similarly, should fight more? I don't really know, and I don't really care.

I just know that I want to get into the ring with someone soon. I want to throw a punch, verbal or physical. I want to burn something. I want to yell at someone. I want to tell someone I love, like I told my sister so many times when we were kids, that I HATE THEM. I want to use my voice, my body, my eyes, my hands, even my nose to even the score.

I want to be Rocky. I want to be the Karate Kid. I want to be a puppy wrestling. I want to be a cat pouncing at a mouse -- or, better yet, a lion pouncing at another lion, an alligator fighting for some territory.

But, I'll probably end up either belting out a show tune or swinging a bat to get out this energy because I really have no one to fight with right now.

--m
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com