<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 27, 2003

More to come. I just wanted to start this off by saying I saw the movie "A Mighty Wind" last night & Eugene Levy's character reminded me of my ex-boyfriend from a long time ago, someone very intelligent who has a hard time following the correct "rules" of conversation, who follows his own rhythm, who observes things closely.

I remember once we were walking down his father's street & "Jack" stopped to look at a tree. It was just a common tree, but he said, "Wow! That's a beautiful tree." So, we looked at the tree for, I don't know, 5 or 10 minutes, and after a short time, I started to really see what he was talking about, how the tree was beautiful even though it looked like nothing special if you didn't really look at it.

It reminds me of an Andy Warhol quote (which I'm probably slightly messing up here): "If everyone isn't a beauty, then no one is."

Anyway, that's it for now.

-mk
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com